To recognize National Public Health Week, students at the Colorado School of Public Health have organized events at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus so that everyone can engage in and support key public health issues.
During the first full week of April each year, the American Public Health Association brings communities together across the United States to recognize the contributions of public health and highlight issues that are important to improving our nation.
Here is a listing of events held at CU Anschutz:
Saturday, April 2, 2016:
- Tree Planting at Aurora Reservoir | 9 am -1 pm
Monday, April 4, 2016:
Tuesday, April 5, 2016:
Wednesday, April 6, 2016:
- Bike to Campus Day | 6 am – 9 am
- National Walking Day: Come walk with ColoradoSPH | 9-9:30 am
- Rocky Mountain PBS Documentary Screening: “Race in Colorado: Health – Precious Loss” | 12 -1 pm
- NPHW 2016 Twitter Chat | @NPHW #NPHWchat | 12 pm (MDT)
Thursday, April 7, 2016:
- Careers in Public Health Panel Discussion | 12 – 2 pm
- Film Screening & Discussion: Paper Tigers | 5:30 – 7 pm
Friday, April 8, 2016:
- Networking Mixer at Silvi’s | 3 – 6 pm | Networking with ColoradoSPH Students, Faculty, Alumni and local public health professionals. Registration Required.
Sunday, April 10, 2016:
- 9 Health News Fair | 6 am – 4 pm